5 ways the Lil' Sidekick strap helps parents outsmart germs during the Coronavirus epidemic
By Amy Vohs
It's a scary, scary world out there. #StoptheDrop to stop the spread of germs!It’s here. It’s there. It’s EVERYWHERE. COVID-19 has captured the world. With headlines depicting the worse and doomsday commentary all over the air, it feels like COVID-19 is on a mission to invade all of our homes and immune systems!
Here at Lil' Sidekick, our hearts go out to those who have been affected by the outbreak. We, too, are on edge and want to keep our families safe. Here are five tips to help keep your family safe during Corona2020.
- The 5-second rule DOES not apply! Ok, folks. The 5-second rule never really applied, and it certainly does night apply during the epidemic. You would not put anything you dropped on the mall floor back in your mouth, so that "wipe and cringe" you do to hand babe back their teether is just not ok… This is why I created Lil ‘Sidekick in the first place, to keep all those items kiddos love to put in their mouths way, far, away from the very unsanitary public floors. Plus, a big plus of our Lil’ Sidekick is we made it out of an FDA-approved material that easily wipes off that spilled ketchup. Just place it in the dishwasher to eliminate any lingering gunk and wash the COVID away!
- Wash, Wash, Wash their hands and keep sanitizer on the ready! Ok, this is the obvious one that we hear about in every press conference and in every interview. And it's even more important for our kids, 'cause those little wandering hands touch everything! But it is easier said than done. If your child is like mine, they are touching things that no sane human would touch every other minute. So I always keep the hand sanitizer close! I may be a bit of a germaphobe, so I always have backups, too.
- Caution: Germy surfaces ahead. Dear old Rona loves to linger on surfaces. If you are going out, you need to keep those germs contained to keep those hands from hitting the surface and into their mouths. If they are toddler age, keeping them in the stroller can be a battle, and since using saran wrap to wrap kids up tends to be frowned upon on the mommy blogs I follow, it's best to go out prepared. Load that diaper bag up! Bring plenty of things to keep them entrained snack cups, books, toys, etc.
- Where a mask and keep em’ covered. Germs are not like pigs. They can and will fly. So while the littlest ones are in their car seats, cover them up with a car seat cover to help repel the flying germs. And don't forget, wearing a mask is a sign of respect for others.
- The Lil' Sidekick is a great investment for your kiddo's health. Shameless plug? Yes. But if we didn't honestly feel as though our product can keep our family safe, we wouldn't be telling you that it can do the same for yours
From my family to yours, be safe out there! Those public floors and surfaces are dangerous places for both big and little humans during COVID-19.